By Kevin Deutsch
A spate of shootings in the Bronx has wounded at least five victims during the past two days, including a 13-year-old and 16-year-old boy, authorities said.
The first shooting happened around 3 a.m. Thursday when a gunman shot 26-year-old Jensy Amparo on the Grand Concourse near 167th Street, after the victim refused to hand over his ring, according to the NYPD. Amparo was rushed to Lincoln Hospital, where he died, police said.
Police retrieved surveillance footage of the suspected shooter and were searching for him Saturday.
Later Thursday, two men assaulted a 16-year-old boy on East 143rd Street in Mott Haven about 6:30 p.m., police said. The teen was struck in his head with two bullets and rushed to a local hospital in critical condition.
Police are searching for two suspects caught on surveillance video in that case, authorities said.
Around 11 p.m. Friday, a gunman wounded two victims – a 13-year-old boy and 27-year-old man – at Belmont Avenue and East 176th Street in East Tremont, police said. Both victims suffered non-life threatening injuries.
The teen, believed to be an innocent bystander, had been waiting for a bus in an MTA bus shelter when the bullet struck him, authorities said. Police are still hunting the gunman.
Later Friday, a 38-year-old victim was struck by five bullets during a drive-by shooting at East 166th Street and Forest Avenue in Morissania, police said.
The victim was sitting in a car when the gunman pulled up alongside in another vehicle and opened fire, authorities said. The victim is expected to survive.
No arrests have been made.
Anyone with information about any of the shootings is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS.