A Dozen Families Displaced as Fire Ravages NYCHA Complex

By Eric Klein 
eklein@bronxjusticenews.com

A dozen families were left homeless Thursday when an electrical fire damaged their apartments inside a Morrisania NYCHA building, authorities said.

The blaze started about 6:40 p.m. inside the property at 1114 Findlay Avenue, drawing nearly 150 FDNY firefighters to the scene. The property was evacuated and one non-life threatening injury reported, authorities said.

More than 50 residents were displaced by the flames and given temporary shelter by the Red Cross, authorities said.

The cause of  the three-alarm blaze was ruled accidental, a result of an electrical issue involving the building’s wiring, investigators said.

About Eric Klein 32 Articles
Eric Klein is an editor for Bronx Justice News. Born and bred in the Bronx, he lives on the Grand Concourse, where at least one member of his family has resided every year since the 1930s. Eric has two sons and, like them, is a die-hard New York Yankees fan.